Amy McMahon, CPA
Personal Formation and Forte
Amy graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of Tennessee with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a degree in Finance. After spending 4 years in the corporate world, Amy chose to return to the University of Tennessee where she earned her Master of Science degree in Accounting with a concentration in taxation. Amy's career path was influenced by her parents, both accounting majors and graduates of the University of Tennessee. Amy attended UT with older sister Kristen and cherished being able to share the college experience with her sister.
Amy grew up playing competitive soccer so it is no surprise that she brings her competitive spirit and winning attitude to every client engagement. Her outgoing personality shines through in her desire to learn more about and maintain strong communication with the clients that she serves so that she can better assist the client in meeting their financial and life goals.
- Realizing her desire to follow in the footsteps of her Mom and Dad, both successful accountants.
- Recognizing her abilities and pursuing opportunities to embrace challenges and excel while making a difference in the lives of others.
- Finding a career path that gives her a sense of growth and fulfillment, allowing her the opportunity to travel and experience life to the fullest.
As a member of the professional team, Amy's areas of focus include:
- Tax compliance and planning for businesses and complex individuals,
- Accounting operations and financial reporting and,
- Special projects including research, technical writing, and basis tracking.
When not at work, you can find Amy with her young son, the light of her life that continues to keep her on her toes. Amy and husband Kevin cherish time spent with family and friends, and enjoy weekend trips to the lake. Amy is an extremely passionate Volunteer fan and never misses a chance to cheer on her team. When she finds a few quiet moments, Amy enjoys running or diving into a good book.