Beth Ewing, CPA
Personal Formation and Forte
Beth graduated Summa Cum Laude and as Valedictorian from Lipscomb University where she maintained a 4.0 grade-point average. She earned a Bachelor of Arts degree with a double major in Professional Accountancy and Finance/Economics and with minors in Spanish and Information Systems. During college, she was the recipient of the Provost scholarship, the Department of Accounting Award, and the Tennessee Society of CPAs Scholarship Award. Before joining Burkhart & Company, Beth graduated with highest honors from the University of Tennessee, where she received her Masters of Accountancy degree with a concentration in taxation.
Beth’s humility is gracefully juxtaposed with her keen intellect. She is quiet and steady by nature, yet has a work ethic that can peel down the heaviest task list with seemingly little strain. Clients appreciate her easy going personality while quickly finding trust in her dedication to their goals and well-being. Beth exemplifies the virtue of better to hear than be heard.
- Recognizing her love of numbers as she excelled in her math classes and led her peers in group math study sessions.
- Realizing her desire to follow in the footsteps of her grandfather Axel Swang, a highly respected CPA who was instrumental in the foundation of Lipscomb University’s accounting program.
- Thriving in a work environment that requires cooperating with others, meeting the challenges of an ever-changing field, and being able to help others reach their goals.
- Tax planning and compliance,
- Personal financial planning strategies, and
- Accounting for investments and trusts.
Beth developed a real love of travel after she studied abroad for a semester in Vienna, Austria, visiting over 10 countries during her stay in Europe. Beth enjoys spending time with her husband, Michael, and their two children, Landon and Emma. Beth and Michael are actively involved in their church and its couples’ fellowship program.