Personal Formation and Forte
Claire graduated Summa Cum Laude and in the Chancellor’s Honors Program from The University of Tennessee. She earned a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a major in Accounting and a concentration in International Business. She also received her Master of Accountancy degree with a concentration in Taxation from The University of Tennessee and served as a Graduate Teaching Assistant. During college she was a student member of the Tennessee Society of CPAs and Beta Alpha Psi and was awarded a TSCPA scholarship. Additionally, she was the Lead Ambassador for the Haslam College of Business and the Special Events Chair for the Chancellor’s Honors Program Ambassadors.
In college, Claire gained valuable insight and experience through internships with national and regional firms as well as the government sector. She is a hard worker with a drive for learning and improving herself. She maintains a positive attitude and is encouraging and supportive of those around her.
- Learning the value of hard work and time management by working part-time throughout college, often holding more than one job at a time.
- Recognizing the importance of building strong relationships with friends, coworkers, and clients by growing up in a close and supportive family.
- Transforming an interest in accounting and tax into a passion with the influence of excellent professors as well as engaging internships.
As a member of the professional team, Claire’s areas of focus include:
- Tax compliance and planning for businesses, family partnerships, trusts and individuals,
- Family office services and financial planning, and
- Accounting and financial reporting.
Claire deeply enjoys family time, whether that be spent playing board games such as Scrabble, watching football, sitting on the porch, or enjoying lunch after church on Sunday afternoons. She has three siblings and a nephew and prefers to spend as much time with them as she can. Claire enjoys traveling and studied abroad in Barcelona, Spain, in college. She is also a big fan of Dollywood and can be found there many weekends.