Courtney Whitt, CPA
Personal Formation and Forte
Courtney graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of South Carolina with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree in Accounting. During her junior year, Courtney was chosen to represent the Darla Moore School of Business at the Beta Gamma Sigma Student Leadership Forum. After graduating from South Carolina, Courtney then went on to the University of Memphis where she earned her Master of Science degree in Accounting with a concentration in taxation. While attending the University of Memphis, Courtney co-authored three articles for publication as part of her research assistantship. Courtney worked for a regional accounting firm in Jackson, Tennessee before moving to Knoxville and joining Burkhart & Company.
Courtney grew up as a big sister, developing a caretaking and path-carving demeanor. She is a natural leader, quick on the draw with constructive input and rarely caught without a fresh idea. Courtney stays all on, infusing the team with energy and vivaciousness. Her thoughtful challenges push good ideas to best ideas making her an asset on any client engagement.
- Discovering her career calling while working in an accounting firm, her very first job in high school
- Being challenged to grow as a leader during the Leadership Jackson program in Jackson, Tennessee
- Realizing that public accounting is more than compliance work; it is about becoming a trusted advisor and enjoying this place of honor over the long-term
Courtney primarily focuses on providing:
- Tax compliance and planning for individuals and businesses,
- Accounting operations and financial reporting, and
- Business consulting services.
Courtney serves on the Blount Mansion Association Board as treasurer. During her time on the board, the Blount Mansion Association has completed a capital campaign, restoration work on the Mansion and launched an education program for Knoxville students to experience hands-on historical learning. She loves that she can combine her professional skill set with a passion for meaningful community service to help preserve a Knoxville historical treasure. During her free time, Courtney enjoys spending time with her husband, 2 boys, and friends.