Personal Formation and Forte
Karigan joined Burkhart & Company after graduating with honors from Tennessee Technological University with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Accounting. During college, Karigan received recognition both academically and athletically. She was invited to join Beta Gamma Sigma, a membership awarded to only the top ten percent of students in the College of Business, and she spent four years playing for the women’s soccer team where she earned all-conference honors. Upon graduation from Tennessee Tech, Karigan began her career through an internship with Burkhart & Company and readily decided to continue full-time with the firm.
Karigan’s friendly, easy-going nature makes her a pleasure to work with on any occasion. Her time spent as an all-conference soccer player during college has helped shape her strong leadership and teamwork skills in the office. She is always eager to tackle whatever challenge lies in front of her.
- Finding the balance between being both a student and an athlete in college and through that recognizing her natural leadership tendencies and strong work ethic.
- Discovering her passion for math and accounting and being led to change her major from something she thought she should be to something she truly wanted to be.
- Recognizing the sense of fulfillment that comes from working on a team and influencing the people around you, both in work and in life.
As a member of the professional team, Karigan’s areas of focus include:
- Tax compliance and planning for businesses, family partnerships, trusts and individuals,
- Family office services and financial planning, and
- Accounting and financial reporting.
Karigan loves to spend her free time surrounded by her family and friends. Although most weekends are spent at her family’s lake house, Karigan also enjoys attending or watching any kind of sporting event. When possible, Karigan likes to find her way back home to Louisville, Kentucky, to spend time with the people who matter most to her. Karigan came to Knoxville after college to develop her career and begin a new chapter of her life.