Katie Mize, CPA
Personal Formation and Forte
Katie began her career with Burkhart & Company as an intern and returned to join the professional team upon completing academic studies. After graduating Summa Cum Laude with her Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration, Katie also received her Master of Accountancy degree with a concentration in taxation. Both degrees were earned at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. In addition, Katie managed a day camp for children during her summer breaks and served an accounting assistantship working in the University Controller’s office.
Katie is in high demand due to her quality workmanship, eagerness and desire to please. She is quick to embrace new challenges, learn technology and research on the fly. She has a mature ability to assess value and drive effectively towards it. With her contagious positive attitude, Katie brings energy and fire to her team.
- Submitting to God’s Lordship over her life’s decisions
- Coming to terms with her “Type A” personality and embracing a career where she could use it to serve others
- Marrying her high school sweetheart on a beautiful June day after a courtship of six years
As a member of our firm’s professional team, Katie’s areas of focus include:
- Tax compliance and planning,
- Financial statement preparation,
- Accounting operations for businesses and trusts, and
- Oversight of home accounting services including bill pay.
Born and raised in East Tennessee, Katie loves spending time with her family on the lake, at a sporting event, or around the dinner table. The wife of an avid outdoorsman, many weekends are spent on the ski slopes, kayaking down a river, or hiking a mountain trail. She enjoys opening her home to friends and family for times of Bible study and fellowship, and on most fall Saturdays you will find her sitting at Neyland Stadium cheering for the Vols!