Kris T. Emery, CPA
Director of Firm Operations
Personal Formation and Forte
Kris joined Burkhart & Company after more than twenty years in the corporate sector. He has served large regional healthcare organizations in decision support with concentrations in accounting, budgeting and financial analysis. Kris is a native of Knoxville and graduated with High Honors from the University of Tennessee with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting.
Kris brings financial as well as organizational development leadership to the firm. He possesses a rare combination of technical, entrepreneurial and winsome people skills. His role is to direct the day-to-day operations of the Firm and he does so with tremendous energy, a positive attitude and a sincere desire to serve both our external clients and internal staff.
- Finding that "hand in a glove" fit for a career in accounting when his innate affinity for math, analysis, structure, and detail converged in his first accounting class
- Gladly surrendering his life to Christ and allowing God's Lordship over his daily life
- Marrying someone beyond his dreams after an amazing 6-month courtship never doubting from day one that he had found his partner and soul mate
- Making the bold step to pass the CPA exam twenty years post graduation and leave a successful corporate career to transfer his technical skills and desire to serve others into the open system of public accounting
- Understanding the importance and value of sowing into other people's lives and cultivating long-term relationships
Kris oversees and directs the firm operations and provides significant leadership in:
- Financial reporting, decision support and accounting,
- Human resources and recruiting,
- Professional development, training and mentoring, and
- Firm operations and administration.
Kris enjoys spending time with his wife, Dena, and their three beautiful daughters. Home is the place he recharges whether by taking on an improvement project or tooling around in his own garage space where thinking is relaxed and the clock doesn't interfere. His competitive nature finds outlet in sporting events whether Orange or otherwise. Kris and his family are very active in their local church and serve together in a number of ministry areas.