Personal Formation and Forte
Linda joined Burkhart & Company bringing years of diversified experience in both her career and in her residencies stretching from Texas to Wyoming. She has enjoyed all of her varied accounting assignments including jobs in the non-profit sector, private industry and in public accounting. Linda received her Bachelor of Science degree in business with a minor in accounting and finance from the University of Wyoming. She then obtained a second Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Indiana State University.
Linda is calm, thoughtful and curious about how things work behind the scenes. Creating order, balancing the books and problem solving are as natural to her as breathing. Linda finds joy in things coming together as they should. She is a peace maker and that attribute radiates an atmosphere of wellbeing all around her. Her technical capabilities coupled with her desire for her clients and the Firm to be successful make her an invaluable team member.
- Making significant cross country moves starting in the 8th grade for the sake of family and thereby learning how to embrace change positively and meet new people with ease.
- Discovering where there is a will there is a way, working and paying her way through college.
- Returning to Knoxville, the place at last that she and her husband and children call "home."
As a member of the professional team, Linda's areas of focus include:
- Client accounting, bill pay and financial statement preparation,
- Financial accounting and management reporting for the Firm, and
- Research and implementation of best accounting processes and related technology.
Linda loves outdoor adventures with her husband, Justin, and their two children, Jaxon and Olivia. Running, racing obstacle courses and hiking all around East Tennessee’s abundance of parks, trails and mountains are favorites.