Senior Accounting Associate
Personal Formation and Forte
Marie graduated with a degree in Finance from the University of New Orleans where she ranked in the top twenty percent of her major. During college, she quickly realized her affinity for numbers upon taking her first accounting class. Marie brings a variety and depth of financial experience to the Burkhart team including knowledge in banking, investments, financial planning, and small business accounting. Following her husband’s work transfer, Marie moved to Denver, Colorado, where she was employed by a financial planning firm for over three years, first as a fund accountant and then promoted to a senior fund accountant. Marie and her husband later settled in Knoxville to be closer to family.
Marie’s broad knowledge of accounting practices and principles makes her an important asset to the Burkhart team. She is self-motivated, dependable, and possesses a strong work ethic. Marie views challenges as new learning opportunities and readily shares her newfound discoveries with others. She finds enjoyment in helping others achieve their life goals and objectives.
- Submitting to God’s Lordship over her life as a teenager and following His guidance in every decision.
- Setting and achieving her goal of earning one hundred percent of her college tuition and expenses.
- Finding a rewarding career path that gives her a sense of growth and provides her the opportunity to experience life to the fullest.
Marie works with business and individual clients performing services along the full accounting cycle ranging from data entry, compilation of financial statements on to tax compliance. Areas of focus include:
- Providing meaningful financial information so clients can make good decisions,
- Performing general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll services, and
- Financial statement preparation.
Marie enjoys spending quality time with her husband, daughter, family, and friends. When Marie has free time, she loves to travel, but she also greatly appreciates time spent at home, hosting family dinners or going on walking adventures with Annie, the family dog. Marie values her involvement in church and women’s Bible study groups.