Matthew B. Davis, CPA
Personal Formation and Forte
Matt graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of Tennessee with a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting and a Masters of Accountancy degree with a tax concentration. Before starting his master's degree program, Matt interned with national and regional firms. With academic work complete, he rejoined the regional firm in Atlanta where he gained valuable training and experience. It was inevitable that Matt would find his way back to Knoxville, where he is committed to making a long-term investment in his career, his clients and his community.
It is so obvious that Matt is posted right where he belongs. His relaxed demeanor rides on top of a quiet confidence that is calm, cool and collected. Translating complex tax issues into winning solutions is what brings Matt personal satisfaction. He is a thoughtful, modest person who possesses leadership qualities apparent to everyone around him.
- Becoming an Eagle Scout during his formative teenage years which instilled leadership skills, compassion for the less fortunate, high moral values and a love for the great outdoors
- Decisively changing majors after his first three days at U.T., dropping pre-med chemistry and biology courses in exchange for a business curriculum
- Being in full agreement with Forbes Magazine that Knoxville is a great city in which to launch a business career and establish a wonderful workplace community
Matt concentrates his work on tax compliance and planning for entrepreneurs and their closely-held businesses delivering services including:
- International and multi-state tax compliance,
- Transaction advisory services, and
- Technical research and writing.
Travelling has been Matt's favorite pastime since childhood. He is marking off major trips to such places as Hong Kong, Western Europe, Canada, and Africa with a goal to visit all seven continents. He loves trying foreign foods and experiencing new cultures. He frequents the outdoors with hiking, camping, and skiing expeditions. Rooting for the Big Orange or spending time at the park or lake make his short list for fun. All of these activities are made better with the companionship of his wife, Rachel, their two young boys, and their side-kick Bailey.