Matthew C. White, CPA, CFP®
Personal Formation and Forte
Matt completed a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with an accounting major from the University of Tennessee in three and a half years and was recognized as having the top GPA among College of Business Administration graduates while in attendance. Matt continued on at the University of Tennessee earning a Master of Accountancy degree with a concentration in taxation. Before joining the firm, he benefited from a range of experiences including internships in public accounting, corporate accounting, and internal audit as well as a business teaching assistantship at UT.
Matt thrives on delivering a consistent, wholehearted effort with an authentic, caring spirit to his work each and every day. His acute attention to detail and an appetite for continual learning are evidence of his professional commitment. Based upon his rock solid formation, Matt brings significant horsepower to his team, a real, quiet confidence.
- Developing from a very early age, primarily from competing with and looking up to his older brother, a strong competitive nature and a driving desire to excel
- Recognizing his inclination for symmetry, balance, and quantitative thought
- Connecting his desire to serve others with the opportunity provided in public accounting
- Meeting his wife at the University of Tennessee and making Knoxville his home
As a member of our firm’s professional team, Matt’s areas of focus include:
- Tax compliance and planning for flow through partnerships, trusts, and individuals,
- Accounting operations and financial reporting,
- Personal financial planning including social security, retirement, and estate planning.
Matt is a life-long, passionate Volunteer fan. In fact, the number of UT basketball and football games that he missed during his time as a student can be counted on one hand. He also loves reading and music. Matt enjoys translating his variety of interests into ministry which has included leading worship with the choir at his church, coaching youth sports, and serving as a peer counselor at the Charis in Action Counseling Center.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM and federally registered CFP (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board's initial and ongoing certification requirements.