Matthew C. White, CPA, CFP®
Personal Formation and Forte
Matt completed a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with an accounting major from the University of Tennessee in three and a half years and was recognized as having the top GPA among College of Business Administration graduates while in attendance. Matt continued on at the University of Tennessee earning a Master of Accountancy degree with a concentration in taxation. Before joining the firm, he benefited from a range of experiences including internships in public accounting, corporate accounting, and internal audit as well as a business teaching assistantship at UT.
Matt thrives on delivering a consistent, wholehearted effort with an authentic, caring spirit to his work each and every day. His acute attention to detail and an appetite for continual learning are evidence of his professional commitment. Based upon his rock solid formation, Matt brings significant horsepower to his team, a real, quiet confidence.
- Developing from a very early age, primarily from competing with and looking up to his older brother, a strong competitive nature and a driving desire to excel.
- Meeting his wife, Sarah, at the University of Tennessee and making Knoxville his home.
- Celebrating the birth of his daughter, Lydia, and the privilege of being her dad.
- Understanding the strength that can only come from a daily dependence on the grace of Jesus Christ in his life.
As a member of our firm’s professional team, Matt’s areas of focus include:
- Tax compliance and planning for individuals, trusts, and estates,
- Personal financial planning including retirement and estate planning,
- Estate administration advisory, and
- Accounting operations and financial reporting.
Matt’s favorite thing to do is to spend time with his wife, Sarah, and daughter, Lydia. It really doesn’t matter what they are doing; he just enjoys being with them. Favorite past-times are going out to eat, taking walks, playing at the park, visiting the zoo and going to the library. Matt is a big sports fan. He grew up playing baseball and basketball and especially enjoys cheering on the Vols. Matt also loves music, reading and being an active member of his church.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM and federally registered CFP (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board's initial and ongoing certification requirements.